Sunday 29 March 2020

The Dice Have Fallen Silent


A sad day here at Yarkshire Gamer - The Dice Have Fallen Silent.

Now don't get me wrong this is a small thing in the grand scheme but today is the first day when a scheduled game day has been cancelled here at Yarkshire Gamer.

I think for many of us the social aspect of gaming is very important, the people who come to game here are all friends that I have known for over 30 years, it's a great break from the drudgery of everyday life and with work looming again tomorrow it would be a nice mental diversion.

Our Battle of Brandywine will stay set up waiting for the Will of the Gods (or science) to make this crisis pass and I look forward to the day when everyone returns and even more importantly the Chippy opens its doors "One of each and a breadcake, please !"

14 comments:

  1. You echo my feelings exactly! Our social lives are kiboshed until the current 'War' is over!
    Painting is our only real recourse, and what we do will be our reward when we get back to normality.

    I hope Brandywine goes well, and the Queens Rangers and the 33rd get across the river in fine order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, The assault over the creek has stalled for a few months !

      Delete
  2. Yep, I've been in a right funk after one of the most productive few months regarding painting I think I have ever managed.... the whole thing just hit me hard. Underlying health problems mean I'm locked away and most likely until there are some new anti viral drugs available or, potentially until a vaccine is available! So potentially 18 months! I 'm trying not to focus on it but it's far from easy. Funny thing is; I had just rejoined by club for a couple of weeks before the lock down lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the best mate, it's affected so many so badly, here's to seeing the othet side and that first pint down the local 👍

      Delete
    2. I stopped drinking in November lol :>)

      Delete
  3. well, if I can't game, I can paint and build terrain - both of which have been long over due!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm used to bad news Ray, I support Bradford City 😂

      Delete
  5. The lights are going out all over Europe ....... time to break out the solo board games 😁👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only I had panic bought some beforehand 😁

      Delete
  6. Already missing my mates in Posties Rejects. On the plus side though, I've been getting much more gaming done at home with my daughter. We're all going to have to adapt to the new normal for many months (this isn't going to be over soon).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay safe mate, likewise with The Boy Wonder home from Uni I'm hoping for a bit of family gaming, we have already managed a family terrain building day 👍

      Delete
  7. For my part I still have some battle reports from before Corona to prepare, and many figures to paint ... Fortunately, because the period is very sad! Take care of you...

    ReplyDelete