Monday 18 December 2017

Project Minden - Hanoverian Cavalry


As the year comes to an end I thought I would catch up on the progress of Project Minden and post some pics of the latest finished units to join the ranks of the Allied Army.


I have been chipping away at the Army of Frederick of Brunswick for a couple of years now, adding to a big chunk of the troops that I put together about 15 years ago. So here we have the Hanoverian Cavalry of the Right Wing.


The figures are 15mm Old Glory bought from Timecast. There are very few options when it comes to 15mm SYW Hanoverian Cavalry,  I have been using (and very much liking) the Blue Moon Cavalry, which I used to complete my British mounted contingent, however they are yet to release an Hanoverian figures.


Breidenbach Dragoons
There are 3 seperate units, a 24 fig Dragoon unit and two 12 figure Cavalry units based in 3s on 40 x 30 mdf bases.

Veltheim Cavalry
Bremer Cavalry

Having completed the right wing Cavalry, now I am moving swiftly through the infantry of the main army, a lot of them are already done so its a case of filling in the gaps, mostly command bases and Artillery.


These figs are again Old Glory, a heavy gun, a howitzer and a couple of medium guns.

The new year will definitely see more progress on Project Minden, hopefully it will be the completion of the Allied Army and a start on the French.


The Analogue Hobbies Winter Paint Challenge is about to begin so the paints are ready to go, stand by for a 28mm WW1 fest.

No comments:

Post a Comment