Wednesday 22 April 2020

Kingdom of Jerusalem Foot


Welcome all, hope we are all well 4 weeks into the lockdown here in Yarkshire, I for one am seriously missing some Fish and Chips with mushy peas and a breadcake !


This week I've finished a second unit of Foot Sergeants for my Kingdom of Jerusalem force so I thought I would put a  post up on this project, the unit above is armed with a mixture of melee weapons, they took a bit longer to sort out than the other unit due mostly to the shields.


I've used some shield transfers from Battle Flag, I bought two sets one battle damaged and one plain. The plain pack worked really well but I found the damaged ones disintegrating very quickly and had to throw a few of them away. I've not had this problem before, I've contacted Battle Flag but not had a reply yet.


I rather like this unit and they fit well with my Crossbow unit from earlier in the month, I've got a dismounted Knight, mounted Knight and Mounted Sgt unit and will most likely use the same livery to get a nice little force within an army.


The second unit is armed with crossbow. The 48 figures represent the contents of a full box of Foot Sergeants from Fireforge Games. Bases are 60 x 50 mm.


There are some strange poses in the box but in a mass they look really good, the faces do have a nice bit of character to them.


That's my second box of these done, the previous lot were painted in the colours of the Outremer State of Tripoli.



It may be a while yet before these guys see action and no doubt others will have joined the ranks of the Army before life returns to normal.


UPDATE - Battle Flag have sent me two extra sets of decals to replace the faulty ones, top service, thank you. Regards Ken TheYarkshire Gamer

20 comments:

  1. Not Caunter but brilliant armor never the less. It appears that your exceptional painting and modeling skills are not restricted to 20th Century subjects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks William, might have to some Caunter Crusaders 😂 see what I did there !

      Delete
  2. Great work Ken.

    Missing the chippy? You should try living in the USA for four years. I now have perfected a good chip-shop chip that I roll out a couple of times a year.

    Cannot comment on the Battle Flag shields, I only use their banners so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, Fish and Chips, oh and tea would be the main reasons I wouldn't leave the Peoples Republic of Yarkshire ✊

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Man cannot live by bread alone, but Fish and Chips with a mug of tea will keep him happy for ever 👍

      Delete
  4. Very nice indeed. Cracking work all round!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I wish you good health 8)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely figures, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely figures there. Yes, I'm another transplanted Brit, living in the Colonies and missing the old battered sausage and chips. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers AJ, battered sausage now we're talking 😁

      Delete
  8. Hey Yorkie lad is that 4 boxes of Fireforge Foot Sergeants then? Two for KoJ and two for Outremer SoT? Look amazing and beautifully dynamic and painted :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks 👍 its just 2 boxes, 48 figures in a box with those guys, perfect for 24 Crossbow and 24 Hand Weapon / Spear

      Delete
    2. Brilliant - I'm building up opposing forces for the Baltic Crusade. Hope to share one day :)

      Delete
    3. Nice one, look forward to it 👍

      Delete
  9. Oh please can you do a full crusader army on show report - including the KoJ, Red Hospitallers, and many more, thanks from Cumbria :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've one planned for the end of the year, I've got loads of new units in the pipeline (more Outremer, Turcopiles etc) so will do it when the main army build is done. Collections normally only get the Troops on Parade feature when they get to 500 figures or above 😄

      Delete