Thursday 23 April 2020

28mm 7tv British Police cast


A bit of a change of tack for me today, historical military figures are the norm but today's fare is for my 7tv game and the start of of British Police cast from the 1970s.


The 4 figs are 28mm and from a Company called Crooked Dice who make the 7tv game, the car is seen as bought, a company called Vanguards do a number of Police Cars of the period and it looks the bizz.


I have another batch of 8 uniformed officers to finish, before starting work on some Life on Mars CID types.  Above is a rather burly Sgt, if he told me to go home I would.


These 70s cops are armed with a wooden trunchen and razor sharp sarcasm, the white caps are representative of Traffic Police (who wouldn't be seen dead near the Austin Allegro must get them a proper flash motor), the blue shirts where common in at the time before the switched to white in the 80s.


The final officer doesn't even have a trunchen, he just has a torch, he is actually a dog handler but I forgot to paint the dog 😂

Up next more cops

14 comments:

  1. Very Old School. Sure I was chased by one of those cars when I was a lad?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it was an Allegro you must have been on foot 🤣

      Delete
  2. Nice! I remember those vehicles. I think I still have the police Hilman Imp somewhere. Trivia - the police forces bought a batch of light blue cars, the same number in white then swapped the doors over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A three cell Maglite always worked well. As a torch of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep the modern LED torches give a better light but are useless for self defence 😉

      Delete
  4. All you need now are Reagan, Carter and a souped-up Ford Granada......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the Reagan and Carter figures, just need a Ford Consul 😉

      Delete
    2. I've used a Richmond Toys Ford Granada Mk I for my Sweeney. Cheers, Chris (gaming friend of Roj Castle)

      Delete
    3. Cheers Chris, there is a Sweeney Ford Consul out there just need to find one for under 60 quid.

      Delete