Sunday 13 November 2022

Never Mind the Billhooks Deluxe Rules Review

 

Welcome to another Yarkshire Gamer Book Review. Link to the Utubes below


In this episode I look at the new Deluxe version of the Wars of the Roses wargames rules which have been revised and expanded to cover different periods either side of that conflict including my favourite, the Italian Wars.

I have been sent this review copy by the lovely people at Wargames Illustrated but as you would expect with Yarkshire Gamer I haven't let that cloud my judgement and I go through both the positives and negatives (in my opinion) of the book.

Overall I'm impressed, great production values, lots of great examples to guide you through the rules, lots of scenarios and background.

I'm not a fan of the Italian Wars section, but thats probably because its my favourite period and I have my own views on it. Who wants to see their primary period of gaming relegated to 10 pages in a rule set for an earlier period 😆

A solid 8 out of 10


Regards Ken

The Yarkshire Gamer


The book is avaliable here


https://www.wargamesillustrated.net/product/never-mind-the-billhooks-deluxe/


#wargames #wargaming #historical #tabletopgames #tabletopgaming #hobbies #games #history #nevermindthebillhooks #waroftheroses

No comments:

Post a Comment