Saturday 8 October 2022

Yarkshire Gamer Podcast 31 - Giles Allison - Tarleton's Quarter

Something for the weekend Sir ? Or maybe a long drive to Newark πŸ˜‰Yarkshire Gamer Podcast 31 with Giles Allison of Tarleton's Quarter is out on Podbean and other Podcast Hosts now

https://kenrtai.podbean.com/e/episode-31-giles-allison-tarleton-s-quarter/


Welcome to the 31st Episode of The Yarkshire Gamers Reet Big Wargames Podcast and today my guest is Giles Allison.


Giles had a big influence on my American War of Independence collection as I was building it up through his excellent blog Tarleton's Quarter, that influence was felt by many others and I would rank Giles blog as one of the best out there. Full of information and inspiration for the AWI and many other periods, all available for free at the click of a button.


The show is in the usual 4 part format and as well as talking about wargaming we tackle heady topics like, is Avocado a Vegetable or a Fruit as well as the exact location of the North / South Avocado - Mushy Peas Line


Hopefully the show has persuaded Giles to go back and keep adding to his blog and complete his AWI Collection. The blog can be found on the link below

Tarleton's Quarter (gilesallison.blogspot.com


Hopefully I will be back in a couple of weeks chatting to an old friend and reet proper Big Gamer Chris Flowers, however before then here is the last episode with Carlo Pagano 



Until then, Sithee

Regards Ken


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation. Some impressive looking forces on display!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great episode - I've now set up links to all the previous episodes and will work my way through them (I'd only listened to the Carlo one before this). I find it perfect background listening while painting figures although I was surprised to find I wasn't part of the Airfix generation as that's how my gaming started but many years before your latest guest. Also, I'd clearly fail the Yarkshireness test rather badly, but it podcast has an almost hypnotic charm, something like a good test match in the days before crowds got so rowdy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Rob, welcome to the show.

      I think, from the shows that I've done that the Airfix Generation spans quite some time. From almost the beginning of the hobby until the late 1980s when GW became more prominent, so there are a lot of us πŸ˜€

      Hope you enjoy the rest of the episodes.

      Regards Ken
      The Yarkshire Gamer

      Delete
  3. The last 2 interviews, those with Giles and Carlo have been my favourites of what is a series of superb podcasts. With all the work you put into these I don't understand how you ever get time to paint Ken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Kerry, are you saying that I've finally worked out what I'm doing after 30 Episodes πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

      Delete