Friday 23 April 2021

Yarkshire Gamer Podcast - Episode 5 - Mark Freeth - Wargames Holiday Centre

 

Here it is, the last of the 5 originally planned episodes of Yarkshire Gamers Reet Big Wargames Podcast (or the 1st if you're counting down like the old Top 10 😉"

In this episode I have a great fun chat with Mark Freeth of the Wargames Holiday Centre. We talk about the history of the Centre and Mark answers the question we all want answered "why isn't it in Yarkshire anymore" 😁

You can listen to the episode via Podbean or any of the major Podcast hosts or through the widget below.


Mark has done a brilliant job with the Centre since it moved to Basingstoke. The collections of figures have grown and diversified and the options for types and periods of games continues to expand.

The classic Napoleonic games are still available, but if you fancy big gaming in Sudan, ACW, Milburn, Ancients or maybe even the Italian Wars then this is your chance.

If you fancy a great weekend wargaming then why not check out Marks website,

https://www.wargameshc.co.uk/


Hope you enjoy this episode as much as I enjoyed recording it.

At the end of the interview I have a chat about the future plans of the Podcast, thanks for listening.

12 comments:

  1. Excellent - will listen to the rest gradually. expect them to be similar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me that I need to buy more camels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi there, welcome to Yarkshire Gamer all the way from South Korea 🇰🇷

      Delete
  4. Really enjoyed the podcast with Freeth. I played Austerlitz at the WHC with Mike as host. I was in my mid 20s, so obviously an odd-duck. Coming from Vancouver, Canada, it was a major commitment to come out but was worth every penny. Added to this was a visit with Peter Gilder. He was wheelchair bound by this time, but invited me for dinner while I perused the boxes of Connoisseur figures that I still treasure. Hearing about the history of the Centre and what the future holds makes me want to return. Grand Manner gaming still informs what I do and my Battles for Empire rules were inspired by Gilder's collection for the Sudan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear Chris, the old Wargames Holiday Centre was a huge influence on so many people, its in good hands with Mark 👍

      Delete