Tuesday 23 June 2020

Mortem et Gloriam Rules Unboxing and Flipthrough



I've been looking a long time for a set of Ancient Rules and Mortem et Gloriam is the current contender for the lofty prize of being the go to set for the YG games. We do tend to stick with rule sets once we settle on one (Johnny Reb II being the prime example), I like to collect figures, not rule sets 😂



Above is a Utube vid of the rules opening, I've not gone too deeply into mechanisms etc, that can wait till we get gaming again but it's a good run through what's in the box for your brass and a guide to the basics. No written run through with this, I think the video is by far the best medium for this.


It was also a nice excuse to dig out my 28mm Ancient stuff, a lot of it is 15 years old or more and has only seen the light of day with failed attempts at Hail Caesar (spoiler it's the same as all the other Warlord Rules) and writing our own rules (time beat me). 


I've even started putting together some Italian Allied Legion figures so the rules have definitely un plugged the Ancients blockage.


Hopefully we will be looking at actual games rather than set up for photography armies soon.

15 comments:

  1. Nice to see long lost figures up on your blog Ken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Ray, nearly had to put sunglasses on them as they had been in the dark that long 😎

      Delete
  2. Good vid review Ken. I've been pondering over whether to buy these rules for 28mm..... we shall see :>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks mate, I'll put up some game reviews when we can actually play again 👍

      Delete
  3. I've only started playing these rules (five games so far) but really like them, for 28mm base widths I use 80mm rather than 60mm and movement trays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, how's the 80mm working, things move pretty quick 👍

      Delete
    2. It works fine, for Pacto you have halved base widths so 40mm.

      Delete
  4. I'll be interested to hear your impressions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay tuned ! I will report back when I get chance to do a game 👍

      Delete
  5. I do seem to collect rules, although doing that has the advantage of being a gaming spend that I don't have to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to seeing how this play out Ken

    ReplyDelete
  7. Curious to see how these will work Ken. Looking forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete