Monday 18 May 2020

Italian Wars Mounted Crossbow


This is turning into a rather productive pandemic, even though I am working the same hours as I was before lock down I'm not distracted by Football and actual gaming and I seem to have got a bit of a painting mojo going at the moment and I'm trying to make the most of it.

These were featured as a work in progress on the video update I did on the Yarkshire Gamer YouTube channel last week and if you haven't why not have a look and subscribe (for nowt) to get the latest updates.


The unit has 12 x 28mm Perry Miniatures from the plastic box set made up to represent mounted crossbow from the Italian Wars to add to the one or two other units I have. The flag as usual is from Pete's Flags and is representative of one carried by Giovanni Medicis Black Bande.


As with my other units I have taken my cues for the clothing from the colours of the flag so you will see a lot of black and yellows in the clothing.


I just love the Perrys figures so much. They fit my painting style exactly, it's like I had a say in how they were done 😂 the faces have so much expression, a touch of paint in the right place just brings them to life.


Figures are painted in acrylics as is the horse furniture, the horses are all done in oils and I'm in the process of putting together a video run through of the process which should be up in a couple of days. Below are some photos of the individual stands.






So these can go in a box waiting for the world to get back gaming again. Next up on the paint table are the mounted element of the Kingdom of Jerusalem force.


6 comments:

  1. Lovely stuff. Thanks for sharing this, and I'm looking forward to the video, as I'm struggling with painting 28mm horses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Doug, should be on here in the next couple of days

      Delete
  2. These mounted troops look great,

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quality and quantity is impressive. It's great to see some one making the most of a difficult situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, I go through phases of really wanted to paint and others where I just find anything else to do but paint. The want and the time have coincided for one 😁

      Delete