Sunday 3 May 2020

Life on Mars


Having finished my uniformed officers for my 7tv game it was time to add some proper "Hard Bastards" or the cast of Life on Mars.

The real cast and a familiar car.
For those who didn't see it Life on Mars was a TV Series from 2006 where a modern day officer Sam Tyler got seemingly transported back in time to the 1970s and a very different era of British Policing.


I've used the picture of the cast as my guide for painting these, above are Gene Hunt and on the right Sam.


Ray on the left with Chris on the right.


WPC Cartwright on the right and the character Alex Drake (or Bolly knickers !) from the spin off Ashes to Ashes set in the 1980s.


The car in the first series was an bronze Ford Cortina Mk III but sadly I haven't been able to find one at a sensible price.




So just to finish here's a picture of my completed Police Cast, I plan to add a couple of cars and vans but that's it for figures. I'm onto some more Kingdom of Jerusalem stuff, this time Foot Knights before I return to do some baddies to go up against this lot.

12 comments:

  1. Fab work! I made the Sweeney cast as well to get double use out of all the hobbies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Which fig did you use for Carter ? Got Reagan 👍

      Delete
  2. Great fun. Enjoyed the series, nice work on the figures. Where will he wake up the next time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're prepared to compromise, you can upgrade their ride to a bronze Granada from the Sweeney.. I believe they are still readily available.

    Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Doug the Ford Consul from the Sweeney is also pretty hard to get, there was a Sweeney car done by Corgi but it's pretty poor compared to the Vanguards version

      Delete
  4. Nice work! I'm tempted, oh so tempted, to get some figures and scenery for this era too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think being a historical gamer, things likes this are pretty easy. It's only 16 figures which is not even a quarter of a pike block, go for it.

      Delete
  5. Excellent. I loved Life on Mars and these models are excellent. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete