Sunday 23 January 2022

Yarkshire Gamer Podcast 20 - Half a Plastic Crack with Dom and Ken


Welcome back and a Happy New Year to you all.

The first episode of 2022 features the two original members of the Plastic Crack Podcast, a live Monday Night stream of general gaming chat which is growing and growing in popularity.

Link to the episode on Podbean Below 👇👇

https://kenrtai.podbean.com/e/episode-20-half-a-plastic-crack-with-ken-and-don/

Also available on other Podcast hosts like, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Tune In and more, just search for Yarkshire Gamers Reet Big Wargames Podcast.

Please leave a like or review wherever you listen, it helps to make the Podcast more visible and more importantly thanks for listening.

Starting in March 2020 with my guests the show has featured a number of Hobby Glitterati as guests but is probably best known in its current format as 4 gamers chewing the fat over the most important and quite often least important topics in the hobby.

The show features all our usual features and as always we drift off onto important topics like "should you have gravy on chips". We have another couple of entrants into Wargames Room 101 as well as another fun trip round the Yarkshire Gamer Quiz.


The Podcast circulates round the four channels of the guys involved,

Dom runs Boots on the table and his channel is below,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkVZHHEgIzNmQwCzZ-UHRhA

And Ken runs Miniature Wargaming Warriors, link below

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaDBpS2gxvtD4Om8yX-o3-g

The new release schedule of 2nd and 5th weeks of the month means that there will be just one Episode per month for Feb and March. So I will see you next month when I hope to be speaking with Gerry Elliot of Wargames Holiday Centre fame.


And finally if you didn't know already the Xmas Brews in the Binyard Special with Alex from Storm of Steel is avaliable on the Utubes 





Until next time, Sithee

Regards Ken

The Yarkshire Gamer

 

6 comments:

  1. Listened to this yesterday - great fun. Sometimes when you cross the streams, it works really well. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, it was a joy to do the interview which is always a good sign for the Episode 👍

      Delete
  2. Hi Ken, I really enjoy your podcasts and thanks for efforts to make it happen. I particularly like the episode with Peter Moresby (despite the poor sound). So my suggestion to get more interviews with people behind the figures, like the Perry's. Also, I would like to hear from more present practitioners of the big game, like Kevin Roach (Olicanalad), particularly as it relates to the Napoleonic big game.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    P.S. I am still waiting for the latest podcast to be uploaded to UTube.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rod,

      Thanks for the comments, there are valid reasons for the points you raise, hopefully the answers below will explain.

      I am still learning about Podcasting, sound quality etc, I have been doing this for about a year. The Podcast with Pete Morbey was done in his workshop / games room and was my first ever attempt at an "outside" broadcast. Pete wasn't comfortable doing the interview online and kindly invited me to his home. I bought a recording device solely for that purpose, it was the best I could do with the resources and experience I had, please remember I don't charge money or have a patreon scheme so any equipment etc is paid for by me.

      I currently have a list of 37 guests for my Podcasts and the Perrys are not on that list. I set out at the start to interview people who maybe hadn't had a voice before. For example my most popular episode is one with Robbie Roddis who had never done a Podcast before. I admit it's a risk not constantly interviewing the wargames Glitterati but the Perrys have been on every Podcast going, what more am I going to ask them (other than if they like Avocado 🥑)

      In addition to that I like to split my guests up into "types" - rule writers, Big Gamers, manufacturers, painters etc and I try to keep the "types" apart so I try not to interview two rule writers on a row for example. My next interview is very Big Game, the one after is a rule writer etc.

      I think you mean James Loach who lives down the road from and is someone I know. James is on my list.

      Re the latest upload. The prime outlet for the Podcast is Audio (which I pay for) the secondary outlet is Utubes, the Utube version comes out when the new episode is launched on Podbean. With the new schedule there has only been one episode a month which means a delay in the release of the Utubes episode.

      The Podcast is something I really enjoy doing and I think it has got better and better as time goes by and I learn more about the process involved. I have a very demanding full time job which means sometimes dates get missed and episodes are late.

      Hope that answers your questions.

      Regards Ken
      The Yarkshire Gamer

      Delete
  3. Hi Ken,
    Yes your informative response does indeed answer my questions. I quite understand methodology and look forward to future podcasts. Silly me, James Loach of course.
    I should add that I really enjoy your monthly updates and I regularly check your blog for other items.
    Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions.
    All the best to you for 2022.
    Rod

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Rod, glad you enjoy the Podcast and there will be lots more episodes this year 👍

      Delete