Thursday 6 August 2020

Troops on Parade - Kingdom of Jerusalem

The joy of finishing a Project, even a small mini Project within a larger Project never lessens. Regular readers will have seen this group of Kingdom of Jerusalem figures grow from 0 to 98 over the last few months.



There is a video run through above if you have time, all new Subscribers to Yarkshire TV are welcomed with a good brew and a Eeh Up 😁

This will end up being probably a quarter of my Christian Crusades Force 1 x 12 Mounted Knights, 1 x 12 Mounted Sergeants, 1 x 24 Foot Knights, 1 x 24 Melee Weapon Foot Sgts, 1 x 24 Crossbow Sgts and a 2 x fig command base.

All the figures are from Fireforge Games, Decals from Battle Flag and Flags from Flags of War. I just put them together, painted and based them.

 
The nit pickers and rivet counters were out of their cage a bit on my last Crusades post so just to make it perfectly clear this is my interpretation of a Kingdom of Jerusalem force, it's a bit too uniform, it's a bit "hollywood" as someone called it. I like it, quite a lot actually.

Individual unit shots next, 1st the 24 man Crossbow unit, all bases are 60mm x 50mm (except command) with the 60mm as frontage on the foot and 50mm the frontage on the horse (I.e. 50mm x 60mm) the extra depth on the mounted stuff.


Next up the 24 Foot Sergeants with Melee weapons.


The 24 Foot Knights.


The 12 Mounted Sergeants lurking in the background, these are on the 50mm frontage two to a base. Mostly to protect the figures but the extra depth allows for a more "dynamic" placing of the figures to get a better feel of motion.


The final unit is the strike force of 12 mounted Knights in all their finery.


The final piece is this command stand, both individual figures from Fireforge, their wonderful King Baldwin IV model with his silver mask and gloves. The standard bearer is a French knight model, I simply binned the shield and used a spare one from my Knights box to give him the same livery as the others.


So there you have it, my Kingdom of Jerusalem force complete and shoved in a box waiting for the call to arms.

26 comments:

  1. Lovely looking kingdom of Jerusalem force! Nothing wrong with Hollywood, were not making a documentary!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done. I'm looking forward to an AAR when you get to play a game.

    I don't pay attention to nit-pickers, either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice my friend. Are they for a particulary set of rules?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phenomenal work throughout. I haven't done much with plastics this year because I'm not a fan of the assembly process, but Fireforge's offerings are always a real temptation and this army is a great example of just why that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bill, the construction can be a bit of a bind but these fit together well and there aren't too many pieces in each figure.

      Delete
  5. Lovely work sir. I handpainted all my Jerusalem shields and nearly went mad. Having seen yours I think I'd have been more than happy with decals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Millsy, that was my thoughts as well until I needed to paint round the decals and blend them in, probably about the same time as free hand 😁

      Delete
  6. Now you only need that cross thingy to roll with the templars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Templars, nice easy straight up and down cross, we like them 😁

      Delete
  7. Brilliant, love the look. Who cares what others think,as long as you are happy with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spectacular view:) They look great 👍
    I personally don’t believe in Jerusalem uniform, but looking at your work i’ve changed my mind and can admit that it worth to be done:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dimitry glad to see you are a convert 👍

      Delete
  10. Spectacular... wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Lee, missed your post first time round 👍

      Delete
  11. These are an inspiring beautiful feats to behold. Well done Yorkie lad :) And ignore rivet counters - they weren't there :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks, welcome to Yarkshire Gamer 👍 the riveters don't last too long here 😀

      Delete
  12. More Hollywood style for me please mate - Raglan 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete