Wednesday 23 September 2020

Yarkshire Gamer - September 2020 Wargaming Update

 


Another month has gone by and gaming in person just seems to be getting further away, I'm starting to think I won't be gaming for at least another 6 months so I'm preparing to just be a painter and collector for the immediate future.

I've put a video up on the Utubes covering the lockdown goings on at YG.


For those who just like pictures here are the new units for the month.

28mm Gripping Beast Hannibals Veterans 


1/2400 Tumbling Dice WW1 Ships


15mm Plastic Soldier Company WW2 Kursk



I had a lovely 2 weeks in Scotland and picked up a lovely haul of stuff from Wonderland Models in Edinburgh.



Plus a visit to another great store in Glasgow, Static Games.

Thanks for watching further update next month.

16 comments:

  1. I lived in Edinburgh for eleven years and I've got such fond memories of Wonderland and Static, in Glasgow RIP Spence).
    SESWC too and of course the Claymore show. I don't know if it's Cividitus or not but just seeing those two photo's has filled me with quite an emotional Salad Days feeling!

    I watched the vid on painting the Carthaginians last night- unusual method of painting armour but obviously very effective Ken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate, love the Claymore Show, we used to regularly travel up to Edinburgh as the Leeds Club to put a game on.

      Regards Ken
      The Yarkshire Gamer

      Delete
    2. Ha! I used to live just in front of Murrayfield Stadium too lol

      Delete
    3. I remember that one it was on an indoor running track 😁 always well attended, I recall doing a couple of shows in a building in the town before Murrayfield, was always a nightmare parking.

      Delete
    4. I never got to any in the town as they were on prior to the move. Meadowbank Sports Centre! Geez, the memories are all coming back in strength now lol

      Delete
    5. I remember putting a 28mm Culloden game on which raised a lot of interest !

      Delete
  2. Second chance to clear the pile of shame

    ReplyDelete
  3. Static is my regular visit when I pop back home to Glasgow...great shop

    ReplyDelete
  4. A productive month, that's for certain! Commando comics are a real blast of nostalgia so great to see they are still going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Steve, I only rediscovered the Commando comics a year or so ago, still great to read 👍🏼

      Delete
  5. Good to see you retail therapy in Scotland paid off and it looks like you're making the most of your enforced hibernation, I look forward to seeing your future projects. Cheers Greg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No hibernating for me sadly, I have one of those jobs that just keeps going during any lock down. I suppose it's the lack of actual game play that's giving me more time.

      Delete
  6. Ah! Wonderland Models...
    I always make a point of visiting there whenever I head home to Auld Reeky

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite shop in the world, as I said in the video I still get excited going there in my 50s 😁

      Delete